Monday 2 September 2013

Helsinki Weekend!

      
One fun weekend in Helsinki, Finland exploring the historical city and its night life with two of my favourite Suomi girls. But it started off a bit ruff due to Kati (my girlfriend) and I going out the night before  on friday and we didn't really take it easy on the beverages needless to say we got pretty fucked up. It didn't help that we had a 3 hour car ride from Lappeenranta to Helsinki hung over as fuck either, but we did what all piss fit people  do and continue drinking to subside the hangover. One thing i've learnt from this weekend is that I'm lactose intolerant, due to drinking "kissanminttu" for the people that don't speak Finnish out there it is a milky type beverage similar to baileys but with a minty "white chocolate" taste that you mix with milk. I found out it defiantly is not the drink for me,  on a sunny day in Helsinki, nonetheless I  think it will be awhile before I attempt trying this drink again.

Later that night we found our selves at the Aussie Bar recovering from the milky shit, by drinking trusty old vodka red bulls and a tequila shot, that combination never fails to turn the night around. It still has me in shock me that I can travel to the other side of the world and still find my-self in a Aussie watering hole. After a shaky start in the park we were well on our way to a amazing night.
We then found our way to a funky little club called (Tavastia Bar/Night Club, in Helsinki) its quite an old building built in the 1930's but then became a bitch'in night life from the 1970's. It plays mostly alternative Bands & electronic-pop and not so much dub-step and top 40 shit you usually hear in main stream shit bars and clubs everywhere else. It reminded me more of an old school dance/ball from the 80's movies I watched as a kid with its big dance floor and stage and  to top it off it also had the cliche spinning crystal ball hanging  from the ceiling. Its easy to spend the whole night in this bar and i found my self stumbling  out at 3:30 in the morning throwing up be hide a  build but i never found my self regretting it the next day just for all the fun we had that  night.



No comments:

Post a Comment